What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small snippet of text that a website asks your browser to store. All cookies have expiration dates in them that determine how long they stay in your browser. Cookies can be removed in two ways: automatically, when they expire, or when you manually delete them. We've included more details below to help you understand what kinds of cookies we use.
Yes, with the primary purpose to make our website work more effectively.
What kinds of cookies does PokerWorks use and why?
We use different kinds of cookies for various reasons:
• Session cookies - these are temporary cookies that expire (and are automatically erased) whenever you close your browser. We use session cookies to grant access to content and enable commenting (things you have to log in to do).
• Persistent cookies - these usually have an expiration date far into the future and thus stay in your browser until they expire, or until you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies for functionalities like the "Remember me" tickbox, which makes it possible for registered users to return to the site without having to log in. We also use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the site for our customers. This information is anonymized - when we look at the data, in other words, we look at patterns, but we do not see individuals' personally identified information (PII).
What other cookies might I encounter on PokerWorks?
There are also limited third-party cookies on the site. These cookies could be session or persistent and are set by entities other than PokerWorks. To ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted partners of PokerWorks. For example, we currently allow:
• Login – When you register or log in to PokerWorks you authorize them us to store a persistent cookie that will remember you and grant you access to our site every time you visit until it expires. You can delete that cookie through web browser settings.
• Audience measurement and validation - We use services such as Google Analytics to understand how many people come and what is popular which helps us improve the website. Additionally, we use tools to validate our understanding of that information for advertising. No personally identifiable information (PII) is stored and site usage is always looked at on an aggregate (and anonymous) level.
• Other functionality - We use Youtube for our video platform. We also allow PKR Pixel re-targeting cookies.
What kinds of cookies does PokerWorks not use?
We do not use flash cookies (sometimes known as local shared objects, LSOs or supercookies).
How can I delete or disable cookies?
If you want to delete or disable cookies, see here.
Will the site work if I disable cookies?
You can browse PokerWorks with cookies disabled, though some interactions may not work. For example, ticking the “Remember me” box at login will not actually keep you logged in to the site unless you have enabled cookies. Occasionally you might see content intended for different geographic region.
Why does the message explaining cookies keep appearing?
If you close the banner and it reappears the next time you visit us, you most likely have cookies disabled. We use a persistent cookie to remember that you closed the banner, but this only works when cookies on our site are enabled.
Last updated: June 3, 2014