Showdown Poker Tour is proud to announce that it will start in the Gutshot Card Club in England on May 3rd and will continue the tour across Europe up to late November. Each Showdown Poker Tour tournament has a limited number of seats, which vary from 200 up to 300. Tournament buy-ins range from € 5,000 up to € 10, 000.
The ShowDown Poker Tour has announced six amazing tournaments across Europe and a Grand Final, which will make the tour larger than any known poker tour in Europe. The Grand Final will be held in Hamburg (Germany) with a buy-in of €10.000 giving an estimated prize pool of €3 million. The winner will walk away with an estimated €1 million and the ShowDown Poker Tour champion's title.
All the final tables will be televised and broadcast on TV-stations across the whole of Europe, so stay tuned for more than sixteen hours of poker on TV. The TV production team behind the ShowDown Poker Tour is from the Scandinavian production companies – TV 2 FILM & TV and East Production.
Here is the schedule of all of the seven Showdown Poker Tour events:
- 3-7 May 2006 The Gutshot Card Club, London, United Kingdom € 5,000+300, 240 entries
- 24-28 May 2006 Fitzwilliam Card Club, Dublin, Ireland € 5,000+300, 240 entries
- confirmation pending Reval Hotel Lietuva, Vilnius, Lithuania € 5,000+300, 200 entries
- 6-10 Aug 2006 Casino Barrière de Trouville, Trouville, France € 7,500+450, 240 entries
- 31 Aug - 3 Sep 2006 Reval Park Hotel & Casino, Tallinn, Estonia €5,000+300, 200 entries
- 19-22 Oct 2006 Casino Marienlyst, Elsinore, Denmark € 5,000+550, 250 entries
- 27-30 Nov 2006 Casino Esplanade, Hamburg, Germany € 10,000+500, 300 entries