A few quips and quotes:
Folding: "Gotta go, here comes Hank Snow." (I'm assuming that statement only works because it rhymes.)
Betting a buck and a quarter: "I'll bet a cow and a calf."
Wishing someone wasn't giving you a call: "I'd rather have frost on my peaches than you in my pot."
Signs on poker room walls:
- We'll cash a check for you for $20 if you leave a $50 deposit.
- Sexual harassment will not be tolerated; however, it will be graded.
- I know they're cheating because they aren't playing the cards I'm dealing them.
- Rule No. 1, The house decision is always final. Rule No 2. If in doubt, revert to Rule No. 1.
- Tipping is not a city in China.
- I know they're cheating Ma, but it's the only game in town.
Now that I have your attention - if you're a player or dealer, or a person interested in writing about poker - in all phases - please contact geenen AT pokerworks.com . We need ‘a few good lines' from people that are interested in working with us.