According to Director of Poker Operations Phyllis Caro, "attendees will gain more solid information about winning poker during this two day conference than they could ever hope for."
Also on board to help with the event are Robert Turner, Poker Manager of the Normandie Casino, and George Epstein, Poker book author and writer for the Poker Player newspaper.
Attendees will be able to meet and greet many famous poker players, including keynote speaker and moderator Mike Caro, who will share his tips on "How to win more often and win more money".
Also on the agenda will be "Learn the best strategies for winning at tournaments and cash games" and "How to protect yourself online".
Speakers who will share their wealth of poker knowledge and participate in a questions/answer session include:
• Barbara Enright; Winner of 3 WSOP bracelets, (and the first woman inducted into the Poker Hall of Fame) will tell you how to "read your opponents".
• Vince Burgio; Player and author of "Pizza Pasta and Poker" and "Inside poker, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly" will speak on "How to turn Pro".
• Lou Krieger; Poker columnist and author of "Hold'em Excellence", "More Hold'em Excellence", and co-author of "Poker for Dummies". Lou will discuss his "Seven Top Tips," and "maniacs, calling stations, and rocks" how to deal with these players.
• Susie Isaacs; Author and player who works hard to promote women in poker, will present her "Five-P Theory".
• Robert Turner; The 1993 WSOP stud champ who is credited with starting the Omaha craze, will provide tips on "How to choose a tournament and why".
• Marsha Waggoner; "The Grand Dame of Poker" and inductee into the Seniors' World Championship of Poker Hall of Fame, will share her thoughts on how "Learning to Lose can help you to become a better winner".
• Stan Sludikoff; Editor/Publisher of Poker Player newspaper and 2007 inductee into the Seniors' World Championship of Poker Hall of Fame, will discuss "The future of tournaments".
• Charlie Shoten; Author of many works including the book "No Limit Life", will talk about "Understanding what it takes to be a winner: Your winning poker mind".
• Russell C. Fox; Author of "Why You Lose At Poker" and "Mastering No-Limit Hold-em" will share his expertise on "Poker and the IRS, what every winning poker player should be aware of".
• Tony Guerrera; Renowned poker mathematics expert and author of "Killer Poker By The Numbers" will explain how the "New Breed of Poker players is changing the face of poker".
• George "The Engineer" Epstein; author of "The Greatest Book of Poker for Winners!" will discuss the "Four Basic Rules for WINNING plus Hold-em Algorithm".
Other speakers and highlights of the conference will include:
John A. Pappas, who is the Executive Director of the Poker Players Alliance (PPA) will discuss the recent developments and news regarding the UIGEA. Commissioner of the WSOP Jeffrey Pollack, will present proposed changes for the upcoming 2008 WSOP event.
The Conference organizers have announced that a significant amount of the proceeds from this event will be donated to charity. So mark your calendars... and get to Southern California for this great event. Not only will you be donating to some worthy causes, but the knowledge you gain will surely result in more winning poker sessions!
Registration before October 5th is $180.00 per person. Registration after October 5th or at the door is $200.00 per person. For more information and to register for this event, visit www.2007CPPC.com .