The schedule shows 23 two-hour episodes, which feature some of the players’ and fans’ favorite stops on the tour – Borgata in Atlantic City, Bellagio and Mirage in Las Vegas, Commerce and the Bike in Los Angeles, and Foxwoods in Connecticut. There are also some new tournaments and locations to be seen in this sixth season, including Barcelona, Spain; Turks and Caicos Islands in the British West Indies; and Niagara Falls, Canada.
Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten return as the announcing team that has been on the WPT since the first season, but new to viewers this year will be the new hostess, Layla Kayleigh. She will be making her debut to poker fans, though she has had experience reporting for G4 and Fox Sports Net during her career. In addition, Kimberly Lansing, who has been conducting player interviews via the live update videos during the tournaments, will provide behind-the-scenes information as players make their way to and play at the final tables.
Also new to this season of shows are two tournaments that will be broken up into two parts – Bellagio Cup and World Poker Open. Each will have a total of four hours, two two-hour episodes, chronicling the tournaments in Las Vegas and Tunica respectively.
Beginning on March 24th, World Poker Tour episodes can be seen every Monday night immediately following GSN’s High Stakes Poker, the series of cash game shows that have become fan favorites. There will also be encore showings of the evening’s WPT episode each Monday night at midnight ET/PT, as well as the following Sunday night at 7pm ET/PT.
WPTE President, Founder, and CEO Steve Lipscomb said, “We couldn’t be more thrilled to have GSN as our partner and the new home of the WPT. GSN and WPT are dedicated to collectively broadening the poker experience for fans and viewers and cannot wait to kick off our best season yet.”
Jamie Roberts, Senior Vice President of Programming with GSN, also noted, “The WPT is one of the strongest brands on television, and poker fans will enjoy the action every Monday night on GSN. With the popularity of our original cash game High Stakes Poker and the World Poker Tour, there is no better place to watch poker on television.”
The spring/summer schedule of WPT episodes will be aired on Monday nights at 9pm ET/PT as follows:
- March 24 Mirage Poker Showdown - The Mirage, Las Vegas
- March 31 Bellagio Cup III, Part 1 - Bellagio, Las Vegas
- April 7 Bellagio Cup III, Part 2 - Bellagio, Las Vegas
- April 14 Legends of Poker - The Bicycle Casino, Los Angeles
- April 21 North American Poker Classic - Fallsview Casino Resort, Niagara Falls, Canada
- April 28 Mandalay Bay Poker Championship - Mandalay Bay, Los Angeles
- May 5 Borgata Poker Open - Borgata Hotel Casino, Atlantic City
- May 12 WPT Ladies Night V - The Bicycle Casino, Los Angeles
- May 19 Turks and Caicos Poker Classic - Players Club, Turks and Caicos, British West Indies
- May 26 Gulf Coast Poker Championship - Beau Rivage, Biloxi, MS
- June 2 WPT Spanish Championship - Casino Barcelona, Spain
- June 9 Foxwoods World Poker Finals- Foxwoods Resort Casino, Mashantucket, CT
- June 16 Doyle Brunson Five Diamond Poker Classic - Bellagio, Las Vegas
- June 23 World Poker Open, Part 1 - Gold Strike, Tunica, MS
- June 30 World Poker Open, Part 2 - Gold Strike, Tunica, MS
- July 7 Borgata Poker Classic - Borgata Hotel Casino, Atlantic City
- July 14 L.A. Poker Classic - Commerce Casino, Los Angeles
- July 21 WPT Celebrity Invitational - Commerce Casino, Los Angeles
- July 28 Bay 101 Shooting Star - Bay 101, San Jose, CA
- August 4 World Poker Challenge - Grand Sierra Resort, Reno
- August 11 Foxwoods Poker Classic - Foxwoods Resort Casino, Mashantucket, CT
- August 18 WPT Ladies Championship - Bellagio, Las Vegas
- August 25 WPT World Championship - Bellagio, Las Vegas