FTOPS began in 2006 with a few events and a $1 million collective prize pool, but it has grown immensely in a very short period of time, as FTOPS X in November boasted of 47,699 players and a $17,457,500 prize pool for its 25 events. FTOPS XI looks to break records -- again -- and draw players to the tables with a plethora of game variations, buy-ins, and Full Tilt Poker pros and team members hosting the tournaments.
FTOPS XI will again guarantee more than $15 million in prize money with separate guaranteed prize pools for each tournament. And the top finishers get more than just prize money. All final tablists will receive a limited edition FTOPS jacket so everyone knows that you’re a Full Tilt final table player, and winners of each event will receive a gold FTOPS jersey and gold jersey avatar for use on Full Tilt Poker in addition to the jacket. Oh yes, and that prize money will go a long way toward any poker bankroll as well.
The schedule has been released, and though the corresponding Full Tilt Poker pro to host each event has yet to be announced, the buy-ins and games are listed here for your planning pleasure:
- Event 1: $216 NLHE, $1 million guaranteed 2/4/09
- Event 2: $256 PLO/8 knockout, $200K guaranteed 2/5/09
- Event 3: $216 Stud, $100K guaranteed 2/5/09
- Event 4: $322 NLHE 3X shootout, $200K guaranteed 2/6/09
- Event 5: $216 LHE 6-max, $150K guaranteed 2/6/09
- Event 6: $535 PLO 6-max, $300K guaranteed 2/7/09
- Event 7: $109 NLHE w/rebuys, $500K guaranteed 2/7/09
- Event 8: $256 NLHE knockout 6-max, $600K guaranteed 2/8/09
- Event 9: $535 NLHE heads-up, $500K guaranteed 2/8/09
- Event 10: $322 NLHE, $1.5 million guaranteed 2/8/09
- Event 11: $216 PLHE/PLO, $150K guaranteed 2/9/09
- Event 12: $1060 NLHE, $1.5 million guaranteed 2/9/009
- Event 13: $216 NLHE w/rebuy, $300K guaranteed 2/10/09
- Event 14: $535 HORSE, $300K guaranteed 2/10/09
- Event 15: $216 NLHE turbo 6-max, $500K guaranteed 2/10/09
- Event 16: $216 Omaha/8, $150K guaranteed 2/11/09
- Event 17: $322 NLHE w/rebuys 6-max, $1 million guar. 2/11/09
- Event 18: $216 PLO heads-up, $100K guaranteed 2/12/09
- Event 19: $322 NLHE 4X shootout 6-max, $300K guar. 2/12/09
- Event 20: $216 NLHE 6-max, $400K guaranteed 2/13/09
- Event 21: $322 Razz, $150K guaranteed 2/13/09
- Event 22: $5200 NLHE (2-days), $2 million guaranteed 2/14/09
- Event 23: $109 PLO w/rebuys, $350K guaranteed 2/14/09
- Event 24: $129 NLHE knockout, $750K guaranteed 2/15/09
- Event 25: $535 NLHE main event, $2.5 million guar. 2/15/09
By glancing at the schedule, it is obvious that the FTOPS organizers attempted to put something in there for everyone, including a high roller two-day event that will require a $5200 buy-in, razz and stud tournaments, a HORSE event for those skilled in all of the majors, and even a half-and-half pot-limit hold’em and pot-limit Omaha event. The buy-ins range from the affordable to those that may thin the registrations a bit, but keep in mind that there are satellites for all of the events running on Full Tilt now.
Oh, did we forget to mention the satellites until now?
It is Full Tilt Poker that we’re talking about, and they have opportunities for every player to satellite into any event in the FTOPS XI series. The first step to getting there, however, is to download Full Tilt now and open that account.
The easiest way to do it is to click here and get started. And when signing up for the real-money account, use the code “POKERWORKS” to get an extra 100% bonus that can be applied to any dollar amount up to $600. Money on top of money and the chance to play in the upcoming FTOPS series -- Is there a better way to start 2009?