While it may seem hard to believe, it is that time again – for the most prestigious online poker event of the year – the 2009 WCOOP!
The world’s biggest online poker tournament series returns on PokerStars and is shaping up to be bigger, better and richer than ever before! The best players on the planet will once again gather in September, to do battle on the green felt for huge guaranteed prize pools of $40 million guaranteed. Legends will be born, names made famous with fortunes won and you can get in on all the action - for as little as just One Dollar!
This fall the WCOOP 2009 will run 42 events which will include three High Roller events, ending with the No Limit Hold’em Main Event with a guaranteed prize pool of $10,000,000! With Millions of Dollars up for grabs, you will want to make sure to play as many events as possible, including the massive Main Event! And to make sure you have every opportunity to play in all of the WCOOP events, PokerStars is now running a full schedule of satellite qualifiers.
Special WCOOP Satellites start from as little as $1 or 100 FPP (Frequent Player Points) and are running 24/7. With buy-ins to suit any size bankrolls, everyone has a chance to qualify by playing in the PokerStars satellites! To find the satellite that suits your budget and time schedule, log-in to the PokerStars lobby, click the ‘Events’ and ‘WCOOP’ tabs, or just type ‘WCOOP’ into the Event Filter.
Last year PokerStars awarded $39,958,000 in prize money over 33 events in the WCOOP 2008, with ‘ckingusc’ walking away with $1,265,432 for being crowned the Main Event champion. Other notable showings were Team PokerStars pros Chris Moneymaker and Bertrand ‘ElkY’ Grospellier who both cashed in the series. And like last year, this year the $5,200 Main Event will be shown on PokerStars.tv, so you can watch the Team Pros in action! You will also be able to watch live coverage from every tournament and keep up to date by following tournaments on the PokerStars Blog. And you won’t want to miss the live updated statistics and strategy articles, to give you the winning edge to grab your share of Millions of Dollars in the WCOOP!
Qualify in PokerStars satellites now for these great events in September, which all boast Guaranteed Prize Pools (GTD):
1. 3rd - $215 NL Hold'em [6- players max] GTD $1,250,000
2. 3rd - $215 Razz GTD $200,000
3. 4th- $215 PL Omaha [6-players max] GTD $500,000
4. 4th - $215 NL Single Draw 2-7 w/Rebuys GTD $200,000
5. 5th - $109 NL Hold'em $ GTD 1,000,000
6. 5th - $215 NL 5-Card Draw GTD $200,000
7. 5th - $215 FL Hold'em GTD $400,000
8. 6th - $215 NL Hold'em GTD $1,000,000
9. 6th - $10,300 NL Hold'em [High Roller event] GTD $2,000,000
10. 6th - $530 NL Hold'em [2-day event] GTD $3,000,000
11. 7th - $320 Mixed Hold'em [6-players max] GTD $350,000
12. 7th - $215 PL Omaha [6- players max] 1Rebuy/1 Add-On GTD $500,000
13. 8th - $320 7-Card Stud GTD $150,000
14. 8th - $320 FL Badugi GTD $100,000
15. 8th - $1,050 NL Hold'em GTD $500,000
16. 9th - $530 NL Hold'em Triple Shootout [10-players max] GTD $500,000
17. 9th - $320 8-Game GTD $300,000
18. 10th -$530 PL Hold'em [6-players max] GTD $400,000
19. 10th -$320 FL Triple Draw 2-7 GTD $100,000
20. 11th -$215 NL Hold'em w/rebuys GTD $1,250,000
21. 11th -$530 FL Omaha Hi/Lo GTD $400,000
22. 12th -$530 NL Hold'em [Heads-Up Match Play] GTD $1,000,000
23. 12th -$320 H.O.R.S.E. GTD $400,000
24. 13th -$215 NL Hold'em GTD $1,000,000
25. 13th -$25,500 NL Hold'em [High Roller Match Play] GTD $800,000
26. 13th -$1,050 NL Hold'em [2-day event] GTD $3,000,000
27. 14th -$320 Mixed Event [Pot Limit Hold'em, Pot Limit Omaha] GTD $400,000
28. 14th -$320 NL Hold'em [2X Chance] GTD $800,000
29. 15th -$320 PL Omaha w/rebuys GTD $700,000
30. 15th -$530 7-Card Stud Hi/Lo GTD $200,000
31. 15th - $1,050 NL Hold'em GTD $500,000
32. 16th -$215 NL Hold'em [big antes] GTD $500,000
33. 16th -$320 PL Omaha Hi/Lo GTD $500,000
34. 17th - $530 NL Hold'em w/rebuys [6-players max] GTD $1,000,000
35. 17th - $2,100 PL Omaha [6-players max] GTD $600,000
36. 18th - $530 NL Hold'em [1Rebuy/1 Add-On] GTD $1,000,000
37. 18th - $1,050 FL Hold'em [6-players max] GTD $400,000
38. 19th - $530 PL Omaha [Heads-Up Match Play] GTD $500,000
39. 19th - $2,100 8-Game GTD $400,000
40. 20th - $215 NL Hold'em GTD $1,000,000
41. 20th - $10,300 H.O.R.S.E. [High Roller event] GTD $1,000,000
42. 20th - $5,200 NL Hold'em Main Event [2-day event] GTD $10,000,000
With a fantastic event line-up like this, serious poker players the world over will be clearing their date books for the month of September! And if you don’t think this schedule of events is diverse enough, PokerStars is offering all players the opportunity to review the proposed schedule and send feedback straight to the organizers at: email@example.com!
If you haven’t yet experienced the world’s most popular poker site, then Download PokerStars now and use the marketing code: POKERWORKS when registering and Bonus Code Stars50 upon deposit. Those exclusive codes will make you eligible for an extra 100% up to $50 first deposit bonus plus over $2,000 in monthly FreeRolls ! Then get in on the satellite action and we’ll see you at the 2009 WCOOP!