Cookies on the PokerWorks Website

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the PokerWorks website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.

Continue using cookies

Poker News | Online Poker | News

Santa Brings UB Player a $123,097 Gift on Christmas Day

Share this
Santa Clause was very good to 32 year old King, North Carolina resident and online poker player ROSCOE1206. On Christmas Day, he cracked the $377,770 Bad Beat Jackpot. Not only did ROSCOE1206 take home a $123,097.66 gift, 127 other players also got a piece of the jackpot pie!

It all took place when ROSCOE1206’s four tens lost to ZMANJ’s ten-high Straight Flush at 20:48 ET on December 25th while he was playing at a Texas Hold'em UB Bad Beat Jackpot table. And although ROSCOE1206 got the lion’s share of $123,097.66, ZMANJ had no complaints, when he found himself with the pot and $62,032.43 more in his bankroll. As for the other four players at the table, they were all thrilled when they each pocketed $1,322.40 in cash.

But the money train didn’t stop there, because 131 other players each won at least $322.40 and they got it for doing nothing more than playing at Bad Beat Jackpot Tables with the same table stakes and game type!

The Christmas pay-out made the 2009 total awarded in Bad Beat Jackpots add up to over a whopping $17,726,000.49 on Absolute Poker and UB! In 2009 alone, 107 players won a Bad Beat Jackpot and 23,822 players on the Cereus poker network shared in the good fortune! Commenting on his Christmas windfall, ROSCOE1206 said, “I have been playing on UB roughly for 5 years.  On Christmas night when I hit the Bad Beat I was shocked, and nearly passed out.  It was what my family and I needed to pull us through some rough times, so thanks to UB for offering the Bad Beat Jackpot.”

Since Absolute Poker and UB launched the Bad Beat Jackpot tables, thousands of players have snapped up a share of the massive $48,338,911.01 paid out so far in jackpot dollars. With numbers like this, it is easy to see why the Texas Hold’em Jackpot tables at UB and Absolute Poker are always full of action. In case you haven’t tried playing at these very lucrative jackpot tables and aren’t sure what they are, here is the run-down.

Bad Beat Jackpot games are regular Texas Hold'em poker games, the only differences are that they have added the jackpot component and $0.50 is collected from qualifying poker hands and added to the jackpot prize pool. The jackpot continues to grow until it is hit when a player loses a hand with four 8s or better. When the jackpot is hit, 65% of the jackpot is divided among Bad Beat Jackpot players with the remaining 35% being added to the next jackpot prize pool to get it started. All players seated at other Bad Beat Jackpot tables of the same table limit and game type  will also win a piece of the jackpot prize pool when it is hit. That means all you have to do is be playing and you have a chance to score, even if you aren’t the one to hit the jackpot!

The CEREUS Poker Network's online poker sites - UB Poker and Absolute Poker - are famous for their huge jackpots, many reaching up to almost a million dollars! So the next time you want to put a little extra zip in your poker game, try a Bad Beat Jackpot table, you may just win big even if you lose the hand - like ROSCOE1206 did!

News Flash

The IRS Scores Big at 2015 WSOP ME Final Table

The IRS managed to snag 34.13 percent from the payouts of the 2015 November Nine, totaling $8,467,091.

Read more

Quick Room Review

Bonus Room review

Subscribe to the Nightly Turbo

Be the first to know all the latest poker news, tournament results, gossip and learn all about the best online poker deals straight from your inbox.

RSS Feed