Get ready! The biggest, most prestigious series in online poker is set to explode on your desktop on September 4th, 2011, when you load up the PokerStars Lobby and take your seat with the rest of the world. You'll be part of 62 events that unfold to culminate in $30,000,000 in guaranteed prize pools.
We want you in the action, that's why you need to know that satellites and Freerolls are running now! Take the cheap seat, the easy in, the short road, the long road, no matter how you get there, just DO IT! To give you the shivery tingles and set your mood for kick-off, here are some fun facts and figures on the WCOOP:
• WCOOP 2010 was the biggest series to date. It featured 141,126 buy-ins and total prize money of $63,157,150. The Main Event was won by Tyson ‘POTTERPOKER’ Marks, who took home $2.28M for first place.
• 10th place in the Main Event is the player eliminated on the final table bubble. In 2010, that unfortunate player was ‘m8675309a’ from the Turks and Caicos Islands - the prize was over $85,000.
• During the 2010 series, three countries cashed 10 times - India, Luxembourg and Malaysia.
• Many notable players have exactly 10 lifetime WCOOP cashes to their name, including Team PokerStars Pros Martin Hruby and Chad Brown. Two of Chad’s cashes have been 10th place finishes.
• Only four countries have won more than $10M in WCOOP history, that’s the USA, Canada, the UK and Sweden. In addition, Canada has produced 10 WCOOP bracelet winners.
• In WCOOP history there have only been 10 entries from Nigeria and El Salvador.
• The biggest prize awarded in any WCOOP Event 10 was $611,455 in 2009. It was the $10K No Limit Hold’em high roller event won by ‘Sumpas’ from Sweden.
• This year, Event 10 is a $265 PLO Knockout tournament with a guarantee of $225K.
• WCOOP 2011 will be the 10th annual running of the World Championship of Online Poker!
If you're one of the few that do not have a PokerStars account, we can simplify that for you, just click on this link. When you use the Marketing Code POKERWORKS and the Bonus Code STARS600 on your first deposit, you receive a 100% up to $600 bonus. And best of all, you are then eligible for all the exclusive promotions we have with PokerStars.
VIP Mega Month ends August 31st
Don't delay in playing in your favorite games to steamroll your VIP status at PokerStars during VIP Mega Month. You will speed through earning additional FPPs during this incredible promotion - You'll be on your way to Platinum Star VIP for just 750 VPPs in August, rather than the usual 7,500 required. You can jump to Gold Star for 300 instead of 3,000, and Silver Star for 75 points instead of 750.