Featuring a Total Guaranteed Prize Pool of $30,000,000 and 62 events, the PokerStars World Championship of Online Poker will kick off in just about one hour. You can still qualify for the WCOOP events through PokerStars satellites and Freerolls that are running all the way through the series. The WCOOP will fire your poker playing excitement with non-stop action and opportunities to win massive amounts of money as you take on the challenge to claim a WCOOP bracelet.
If you can’t make today’s tournament action, there will be more tomorrow, and the next day…running into a three week marathon of poker, poker, poker. Here’s a taste of some of the excitement while you wait out the next hour:
- WCOOP ’11 is the most important online poker series of the year. There are 62 events and more than $30M guaranteed.
- The first ever WCOOP event was a $109 Limit Hold'em tournament. The winner was ‘fingaz’ from the USA, who got over $15,000 for 1st place.
- In terms of winnings, the #1 WCOOP player of all time is Tyson ‘POTTERPOKER’ Marks. He won last year’s Main Event and cashed in three others during 2010, making well over $2,285,000.
- Having already won just about every major prize the poker world has to offer, last year Jason Mercier won his 1st WCOOP bracelet.
- Other Team PokerStars Pros with 1 WCOOP bracelet include Chad Brown, David Williams, George Danzer and Alex Kravchenko.
- Twelve countries cashed for more than $1M in prize money during last year’s WCOOP.
- Five countries picked up their 1st and only WCOOP bracelet during the 2010 championship. They were Bulgaria, Netherlands Antilles, Luxembourg, Ukraine and Uruguay.
- Bahrain, Croatia, Iceland, Morocco, Philippines and Columbia have all made one appearance at WCOOP final tables.
- In a total 416,095 WCOOP entries, there has been only one showing each from Botswana, Mali, Malawi, Tanzania and Gambia. Unfortunately, none of them went on to cash.
- Countries that have produced one solitary WCOOP cash include Pakistan, Kuwait, El Salvador, Madagascar and the Isle of Man.
- You can qualify to play in WCOOP events for just $1. The turbo rebuy satellites take place at 1 minute past the hour throughout the day.
- This year sees the 1st appearance of Viktor ‘Isildur1’ Blom in WCOOP. He’s a tough opponent in any game, but expect him to be at his most dangerous in event 41, the $10K No Limit Hold’em Heads-Up tournament.
- WCOOP ’11 features nine events with guarantees exceeding $1M.
- Event 1 kicks off at 10:00 ET with a $215 No Limit Hold’em 6-Max tournament.
- The Main Event in this year’s series will award a guaranteed $1M to 1st place. You can qualify for the tournament for as little as $11.
Champions are made at PokerStars every day in their massive tournament line-up, but the one tournament that everyone is waiting for is finally here - the biggest tournament in the world - The World Championship of Online Poker.
Watch for special promotions that PokerWorks’ referred PokerStars players are eligible to play in, like the $20,000 Freeroll Series in September.