Daniel "Jungleman" Cates is probably best known throughout the poker world for the challenge he issued in 2011 after Black Friday. Cates sent out an open challenge to any and all that were willing to meet him at the Prague Poker Festival on December 6th, 2011. The challenge consisted of heads-up matches at stakes of €200/€400 with a minimum buy-in of €100,000. The challenge was to be streamed online at ThePokerFarm.com.
What the poker world may not know is that he's a very highly accomplished poker pro that has stacked up millions playing poker and is considered by many to be one of the best heads-up No Limit Texas Holdem players in the world. Before Full Tilt Poker and PokerStars ceased operations in the United States it's believed that his online cash game earnings were around $7 million.
Fast forward to May 22, 2012 and Jungleman is offering up a World Series of Poker Main Event Challenge. Last year was his first WSOP and he gave away a buy-in for the Main Event to a player that had never played in it before. The 2011 Main Event seat was awarded in a raffle. Cates wants to give away a 2012 Main Event seat and the criteria for winning it is a bit different.
Get your video camera out and start finding ways to make YOU look uniquely wonderful and gracious as you film yourself doing good deeds. The full rules:
- To enter tweet your Youtube video link mentioning @junglemandan and @partypoker
- You must not have played in any WSOP $10,000 Main Event in a previous year
- Open to participants over the age of 21 only
- You may enter as many times as you like
- Any entries submitted after 20th June will be deemed invalid
- Seat is non-transferable, prize is non-transferable
- You are responsible for your own transportation and accommodation in Las Vegas (I’ll refund the flight and room though)
- You will be contacted immediately if you have won
For information on how the winning player will be chosen and more on Cates offer visit PartyPoker blog .