The first annual All-Star Showdown has been announced by PokerStars. It's an eight player, single elimination tournament and needless to say 'bragging rights to the max' are going home with one of the players with the claim of being the best heads-up No Limit heads-up player in the world.
The All-Star Showdown starts on October 27th and runs through November 4th on PokerStars. The event features eight players and the newest member of PokerStars Team Online, Isaac Haxton.
“I’m excited to start my tenure with Team PokerStars with the chance to win a big title and a lot of money in my favorite form of poker,” Haxton said. “There are no titles or champions in heads-up cash games, just winners and losers. This tournament will change that by crowning the first All-Star Showdown champion.”
Alexander “Sussie Smith” Roumeliotis, Alex “Kanu7” Millar, Ben “Sauce123” Sulsky, Tobias “KTPOKP” Kuder, and Phil “MrSweets28” Galfond are among the eight putting up the $100,000 buy-in and that leaves two open seats. If you're interested in signing up, email firstname.lastname@example.org and they'll give you all the information you need.
The rules of the All-Star Showdown:
- Prior to the first match, tournament seeding will be determined by a random draw. After the initial draw players will progress through a single-elimination tournament.
- The matches will take place at 18:00 CET from Oct. 27 - Nov. 4, with a break in play on Oct. 29 and Nov. 1. The final will be on Nov. 4.
- Matches will be played simultaneously over four heads-up tables.
- Each $100,000 buy-in is spread evenly over four tables with blinds starting at $50/100.
- Blinds will double after every 3,000 hands played.
- The match ends when a player busts on all four tables.
The winner takes home more than $500,000, all the bragging rights, and the first All-Star Showdown trophy. Visit pokerstars.com for more information.
Image courtesy of PokerStars.com.