- New Home Game Platform
- Home of WCOOP the richest Tournament series in Online Poker!
- Qualify for EPTs, WSOPs, UKIPTs and many more live tournaments
- Battle of the Planets
We continually inform our readers that the best place to sign up for a PokerStars account is through PokerWorks thanks to the fantastic relationship the two companies share. That relationship, once again, gives our readers a shot at a $20,000 freeroll in March! Keep reading to discover all you need to know about this amazing promotion.
Win Big in the PokerWorks $20,000 Freerolls
The PokerWorks $20,000 Freerolls are special tournaments being held on PokerStars on April 9th, 2014 that will only be open to players who have created their PokerStars account through PokerWorks' links and used our unique marketing codes. This means the size of the field will be much smaller than you would expect in a freeroll of this magnitude — and adds the advantage of tremendous overlay for our readers!
- Tournament Name: PokerNews $20k Freeroll
- Tournament ID: 846480339
- Date: Wednesday 9 April, 2014
- Time: 19:00 GMT / 20:00 CET
How Do I Qualify For The Next $20,000 Freeroll at PokerStars?
There are two routes players can take to qualify for this event, depending on if you are a new or existing player. New players need to download the PokerStars lobby through PokerWorks, open an account using our marketing code POKERWORKS and make a deposit between March 1st and March 31st, 2014. Do this and PokerStars will issue you a ticket to the PokerWorks $20k Freeroll.
New players are reminded that by entering the marketing code "POKERWORKS" and the bonus code "STARS600" they will be eligible for a 100% match up to $600 sign-up bonus, plus they will be able to compete in all future promotions PokerWorks and PokerStars hold together.
Our valued existing players can also take a seat in the PokerWorks $20k Freeroll as long as they generate 100 VPP between March 1st and March 31st, 2014.
Zoom Poker is PokerStars latest innovation in their ongoing quest to continually improve and produce for their players. It is a fantastic poker format. The rules are exactly the same as a standard No Limit Hold'em or Pot Limit Omaha cash game but you are going be dealt more than 200 hands per hour on each table you sit at so settle in and get ready to play!
How is it possible?
When you take a seat, you are entering a player pool instead of a single table with nine players. With each new hand dealt, you are moved to a new table when you fold or the hand completes.
When you hit 'fold,' you are instantly moved to a new table and your opponents don't even know that you folded until the action comes to you. You have the option to click "Fast Fold" and even if you're on the button, you are immediately seated at a new table and being dealt a new hand.
Playing Zoom Poker at PokerStars is the fastest way to clear bonuses and climb up the VIP levels faster than you have ever dreamed possible. Multi-tabling will get you there even faster.
PokerStars Launches PokerStars.eu
PokerStars players in Sweden and Finland will now be able to play all of PokerStars online poker games tax free with the companies newly granted gaming license in Malta. With the new licensing, it's possible that PokerStars.eu could start accepting players from other European countries very soon. To find more information read PokerStars Goes European.
PokerStars Mobile launched in the United Kingdom, giving online poker players in the United Kingdom the opportunity to play free and real money games on mobile devices - Apple's iPhone, iPad, and iPad Touch; many tablet computers; and Android phones. Find more information here.
There are over 100,000 tournaments running every single day at PokerStars. Freerolls, Satellites, Frequent Player Points, Leaderboard, daily scheduled, the Sunday Warm-up, the Sunday Million – and the tournament list goes on. PokerStars is the home of the World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP). Not only does PokerStars host some of the biggest guaranteed online poker tournaments, they also host major Poker Events around the world and you can easily win seats to these events through satellites and freerolls. Play Home Games online at PokerStars with all of your friends around the world, you create the club and invite your friends, you have access to stats and a leaderboard!
The lobby welcomes PokerStars players with an eye catching appeal that is loaded with all the information players are looking for. Players are greeted by an assortment of pictures of world poker champions who are members of the PokerStars Team like Chris Moneymaker, Barry Greenstein, Daniel Negreanu. These members of the PokerStars Team remind you this is a site where the Stars really do play. The homepage is laid out well, not overcrowded, easy to navigate and features PokerStars latest poker news, events, and promotions.
PokerStars software and download process is simple and easy and navigating the Poker Lobby, including the Cashier, will put you in a seat of your choice in no time. PokerStars does not welcome US players to their tables but they offer country specific tournaments and the games are available in 19 languages.
You don’t have to be a pro to play at PokerStars. You have multiple choices on the betting limits and structures, including fun money, with a variety of game choices including everyone’s favorite Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, 7 Card Stud, 7 Card Stud Hi/Lo, Razz, 5 Card Draw, 2-7 Triple Draw, 2-7 Single Draw, a variety of Mixed Games, including Badugi, are available also.
In 2008 PokerStars sent 1,063 players to the WSOP boasting 130 cash finishes for PokerStars players. PokerStars has run more than 100 million poker tournaments and dealt more than 20 billion hands. To experience PokerStars is to experience online poker.
PokerStars Marketing Code
PokerStars requires the bonus code ( STARS600 ) and the Marketing Code POKERWORKS for PokerWorks' visitors to be eligible for all of our exclusive PokerStars promotions.
Be sure to enter the Bonus Code and the Marketing Code when you register; this will give you a great deposit bonus and also the opportunity to be first informed - and invited - to all exclusive PokerWorks and PokerStars promotions.
Limits and Rake
PokerStars has a large selection of limit levels that are sure to appeal to everyone, from the beginner to the experienced high stakes player. PokerStars fixed limit Hold'em cash games begin with micro limits of $0.02/$0.04 up to $1000/$2000. PokerStars offers just about any game a player could be looking for including free play tables to practice on. Aside from the usual Hold’em and Omaha to Stud variations such as Razz and 7 Card Stud High and High-Low split, the harder to find poker games can also be found including: H.O.R.S.E., H.O.S.E, 5 Card Draw, and 2-7 Triple Draw.
The rake system at PokerStars is one of the lowest in the industry with the average taken being 5% of the pot up to a maximum of $3. The maximum rake ever taken from a single pot is $5 but this will only ever happen at high stakes tables with four or more players seated and for most cases the maximum rake at No Limit Hold'em tables ranges from $0.50 to just $3.
The "no flop no drop" policy is in effect at PokerStars - there is no rake if there isn't a flop. The rake varies, depending on the number of players, the limit, and the game; in all cases PokerStars defines the rake to fit each situation and it is equal to, or below, industry standards.
The PokerStars software is well programmed, running smoothly with rich graphics. Players can upload pictures as avatars, tables can be resized, themes selected and updated, with various search functions easy to use. Scrolling in chat and in the lobby can be a little bit of a hassle and players must click on each individual table to join the waiting list. However, these minor things won't detract from the overall experience.
Being the world's largest poker site, PokerStars sponsors some of the game's best players like Daniel Negreanu, Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier, Viktor "Isildur1" Blom, and many more. The 'Find a Team PokerStars Pro' option, allows you to watch your favorite players whenever they are sitting at a table, and even take them on if you have the bankroll and nerve to do so! Special promotions run often at PokerStars and offer excellent incentives to play. Weekly freerolls and frequent-player-point games provide small-stakes players the chance to win big bucks. With several deposit and withdrawal options, excellent live support, and top-notch software, PokerStars is the best online poker site for any level of player. When creating your PokerStars account be sure to enter the PokerWorks marketing code upon registration and the bonus code when making your first deposit.
PokerStars is a powerhouse when it comes to promotions. Every week they offer exciting new promotions which are advertised in a pop-up window whenever players log on to the site. Players will also receive special event emails for freerolls they have qualified for by accumulating FPPs (Frequent Player Points). PokerStars sends more players to major events around the world than any other poker site. These events include: The WSOP (World Series of Poker), EPT (European poker Tour), WCOOP (World Championship of Online Poker), LAPT (Latin Poker Tour) and the APPT (Asian Pacific Poker Tour). Many of the qualifier tournaments for these events are free or cheap, starting at just $1.00 or free using FPPs.
Put your Frequent Player Points (FPP) to work and take a ride in the Turbo Takedown that promises 1 in 3 get paid. The Turbo Takedown takes place on the last Sunday of every month and guarantees a payout of $1Million and first place pays $100,000. TIP: FFP satellite in.
The events and promotions and guarantees are waiting for you, including a sign-up bonus when you download PokerStars. The word Promotion was invented at PokerStars.
Software and Extra Features
The website offers players great software with a large variety of games. Additionally, PokerStars has had its software independently tested by two agencies to ensure that the program used is safe and random. This means players can rest assured knowing that they are playing the real thing with Poker Stars. In addition to offering some of the safest software available online, PokerStars is also at the forefront of constantly developing ground-breaking features and upgrades to cater to the needs and wants of the players.
- PokerStars FPP - PokerStars Frequent Players Points go towards VIP entry and other great benefits.
- Hand History - Check back on previous hands played to sharpen your game.
- Stats - In an easy to read percentage format, the stats at PokerStars are detailed and quickly available.
- Tournament History - Find out how you or other players fared in the many tournaments played.
- Advanced Multi-Table Options – Thanks to Easy Seat, players will be able to launch their multi-table poker session with a single click in the lobby.
- Nova Table Themes- Adding to the already vast selection of table themes, the new “nova” themes offer a new table design, more distinguishable card graphics and improved seating options.
- Preferred Seating - Play at the same seat at each table without having to select this option each time.
- Fold and Show/Show one card –Just like in live poker, at PokerStars players have the ability to fold and show their hole cards or alternatively fold and show just one card (on Nova theme tables only).
- Hotkeys - An innovative new system which allows players to configure keyboard/mouse shortcuts for single-click game actions including folding, checking, betting, and much more.
- Fully customizable lobby with dozens of options to make playing multiple tables much more easy
The PokerStars site is multilingual and available in more than 10 different languages. Graphics are simple and attractive with convenient and easy to use functions. The software runs smoothly and is updated on a regular basis.
All the features players have come to expect when playing online can be found here, plus many features not found on other poker sites including:
• Avatars - Choose your favorite picture to display at the tables.
• Hand History - Check back on hands played to sharpen your game.
• Stats - In an easy to read percentage format that are detailed and quickly available.
• Tournament History - Find out how you or other players fared in the many tournaments played.
• Preferred Seating – Pick your favorite seat to play in the same seat whenever you play.
• Four color deck option- Spades are black, Hearts are Red, Clubs are Green, and Diamonds are Blue.
• Ability to “change the deck” by changing the color of the cards.
• Table themes - Choose from14 different environments from the Marine ocean theme to the Stars outer space theme.
• Lobby Themes - Choose the classic gold or bold black color scheme.
• Block Chat - Feature enables you to block player chat, observer chat or both.
• Auto Top-up - Set the amount you would like to automatically rebuy when playing in cash games.
• Transfer Funds - Allows the transfer of money between players.
• Table re-sizing - Handy for playing multi tables at once.
• Table focus choices
• Displayed internet connection status
PokerStars is the World's largest poker site and player traffic certainly reflects that. Peak times draw over 250,000 players at 20,000 tables with more than 44,000 cash game players! Players run the entire gamut of experience so there's no shortage of players to match your skill and experience. The traffic at PokerStars is extremely diverse, as they have players from around the world playing at different times of the day and night.
Known for their huge schedule of tournaments and wide variety of game offerings in all limits, players are guaranteed to always find their preferred game running 24/7. Poker Stars consistently sends more players to major live venues, like the WSOP, than any other poker site. It is not unusual to see the bigger tournaments and satellite events attracting over 20,000 entries.
Support emails are answered swiftly and accurately by a team of customer service agents who are regarded as the best in the industry. PokerStars has created a pleasant, secure playing environment for their players and their customer support reflects this.
The PokerStars policy is: "Your privacy on the Internet is very important to PokerStars and its owner and operator, Rational Entertainment Enterprises Limited." PokerStars is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the personal information collected by them. They do collect some information, but it will never be sold, traded or given to anyone. All recipients of your personal information shall be bound by applicable data protection laws to keep your personal information private at no less a level than that by which they are bound.
PokerStars players' poker money and account balances are held in segregated accounts and not used for any of PokerStars' operational expenses. These segregated accounts are managed by a leading European bank. The arrangements ensure that PokerStars can at all times fulfill its monetary obligations toward its online poker players, and will provide further reassurance that players' funds are always secure with PokerStars.
Currently, real money deposits are accepted in several ways shown below. Minimum deposit across all options is $10 (unless otherwise stated).
• eChecks - available in US and Canada.
• ClickandBuy - available to players from any country other than US (and associated territories), China, Israel and Turkey.
• Moneybookers - available everywhere, except in US, Afghanistan, China, Cuba, Iran, Israel, Malaysia, Mayanmar, Nigeria, North Korea, Puerto Rico, Sudan, Turkey and US Virgin Islands.
• NETeller - (no longer available for players in the US, Canada and Turkey) Deposit in USD, EUR, GBP, SEK, DKK or NOK
• VISA / VISA Delta / VISA Electron / Gift and Prepaid VISA - Deposit in USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, SEK, NOK, DKK, AUD
• MasterCard / Gift and Prepaid MasterCard - Deposit in USD, CAD, EUR, GBP, SEK, NOK, DKK, AUD
• Diners Club International
• Solo / Maestro - available in UK and Northern Ireland only
• Cashier's Check / Money Order / Bank Draft - Minimum deposit only $100
• Local Bank Transfer
• ELV - available in Germany only
• Online Bank Transfer - available in Australia, Austria, Estonia, Germany, Netherlands and Poland.
• paysafecard - available in Austria, Belgium, France, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Greece, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland and UK
PokerStars believes that you should be allowed to manage your own budget for playing online poker. We allow you to restrict your own weekly real money deposit limits. Of course, those limits may be no higher than the ones we already have for your account. Just go to the lobby under cashier and click on "Restrict Deposit Limit".
With the largest poker site online, PokerStars attracts all levels of players from beginners to seasoned professionals. No matter what bankroll size a player has, they will always find a game to suit them at any time of the day or night.
The site downloads fast and is easy even for a new player to navigate. While playing in a game, the bet, fold and raise buttons, and features like chat are easy to find and use. When it comes to player incentives and promotions, PokerStars is second to none in the industry. New players will feel right at home and at ease from the first time they play in a game or tournament. No matter what your preferred game or limit, PokerStars has a game designed for every player.
Important PokerStars Marketing Code Note
Remember you MUST input the marketing code for PokerStars PokerWorks if you want to be eligible for future PokerWorks exclusive promotions.