PokerWorks.com, as well as the local sites linked thereto (collectively, the "Site") is a website and online service owned and operated by iBus Media Limited. ("PokerWorks", "we", "our", or "us"). These General Terms and Conditions ("Agreement") govern the terms by which you may use and access the Site and any services provided therein. By accessing or using the Site and any service provided through the Site (the "Service"), you hereby represent, warrant and undertake that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement thereby making them a binding agreement between you and us, whether or not you are a registered user of our Site. This Agreement applies to each visitor, user, and others who access the Service ("User(s)").
- Data Protection
- User Generated Content
Our Service provides a forum for user-generated content. As a User, you acknowledge that all opinions, reports of experiences, announcements, pieces of advice, texts, videos, pictures (including pictures linked or otherwise connected via a URL) and other content of any kind (the "Content") contributed from Users which are found within the Site are solely the responsibility of the person(s) or institutions, which transmitted the Content to the Site. You acknowledge that PokerWorks cannot check the Content and accordingly PokerWorks does not take any responsibility and does not assume any liability whatsoever for all or part of the Content that you or any other User or third party post on or send to the Site. As a precondition for the transmission of Content to the Site you warrant and represent that you are the holder of all rights of the transmitted Content or that you have acquired the necessary rights of the holder to transmit or reproduce the Content to the Site. You grant PokerWorks all worldwide, sublicensable, and transferable licenses and rights to copy, distribute, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, edit, make derivative works based upon, or otherwise use the Content without any claim for reimbursement by you or a third party, and these rights shall continue even after termination of your use of the Site and any Service. You also acknowledge that PokerWorks has the unlimited right (but in no case, an obligation) to reject or exclude from a User account the whole or parts of the transmitted Content where PokerWorks deems such action to be necessary. You acknowledge that PokerWorks may delete your PokerWorks account if no new Content has been transmitted to in a consecutive six month period.
You understand and agree that any loss or damage of any kind that occurs as a result of the use of any Content that you send, upload, download, stream, post, transmit, display, or otherwise make available or access through your use of the Site and any Service, is solely your responsibility. PokerWorks is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your Content. You understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree that PokerWorks shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of such Content.
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other PokerWorks Users. We reserve the right, but have not the obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users.
- Participant Conduct
You alone are responsible for all the Content of your transmission to PokerWorks and the resulting consequences. You agree to not use the Service to:
- Transmit any Content to PokerWorks whose reproduction would mean a violation of copyright or other intellectual property rights of a third party.
- Use any offered online service of PokerWorks for pornographic, immoral, dishonest or illegal purposes. The use of the Service offered by PokerWorks for publishing or other circulation of material with pornographic, punishable, libelous or other dishonest or illegal content is prohibited. Equally, the circulation of material of anti-constitutional, extremist and/or forbidden groups is prohibited. The disregard of this Agreement by you or a third party, who has used the Service with your permission may lead to your immediate disqualification from use of or access to the Service. PokerWorks reserves the right to claim for compensation on an indemnity basis in connection with violation of the Agreement.
- Run no advertising, send no chain letters.
- Send Content to PokerWorks which contains software, applications, programs or "viruses" which damage or limit the functionality of the hardware or software of PokerWorks or that of other participants.
- Give false or unclear information or register oneself under a false identity when registering.
- Defame or in any other way harass other participants.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to any PokerWorks.com Service, nor to any data, network or system whatsoever.
- Interfere with PokerWorks's network comprising the Site.
- Conduct activities which violate the privacy or property rights of others.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- Harm minors in any way.
PokerWorks reserves the right to (i) temporarily or permanently disqualify Users who infringe the law, this Agreement or for any other reason which PokerWorks considers to be a serious abuse of the Service, and (ii) remove Content from the Site.
- Proprietary Rights
All Content published by PokerWorks on the Site (apart from User-submitted Content), including, without limitation, images, photographs, graphics, animations, videos, audio and text (the "Site Content") are owned by PokerWorks and/or its licensors and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property or other proprietary rights. You hereby acknowledge that by using the Site and any Service you obtain no rights in the Site Content, or any part thereof. Copying and/or amending all or part of the Site Content, particularly for commercial or advertising use requires the prior written permission of PokerWorks.com. The making or amending of copies (either saved or printed) of opinions, reviews or other statements for personal and not commercial use is permitted provided that legends or other references will not be falsified or deleted. Any other copying, amending, distribution or publication of Site Content without the prior written permission of PokerWorks.com is prohibited.
- Protection of trade marks
The "PokerWorks" marks and logos are trademarks of iBus Media Limited. The use or the display of these trademarks without explicit written permission of PokerWorks.com is prohibited. Nothing on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any right or license to use any of the “PokerWorks” marks without the prior explicit written consent of PokerWorks.
- Eligibility to Use our Service
You may not use the Service if (a) you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with PokerWorks, or (b) you are a person barred from using the Service under the laws of the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Service. Subject to applicable law, PokerWorks may, in its sole discretion, refuse to offer the Service to any person or entity and change its eligibility criteria at any time.
- Links to Other Websites
- Restriction of Liability
PokerWorks uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the information available on the Site is accurate at all times. However, we cannot guarantee that such information will be fault-free and we cannot be responsible for services offered by us as agents for third parties or for any aspect of the relationship between you and that third party. PokerWorks does not assume liability for any errors and omissions and reserves the right to change information, specifications and descriptions of any listed Service. Without derogating from the foregoing, it is agreed and understood that the Site and Service are provided on an "As Is" and "with all faults" basis, and without warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied. PokerWorks further makes no representations about the fitness for a particular purpose of any product or service referred to on the Site. PokerWorks makes no warranty that the Service will meet your expectations, or that data and content obtained through Site and any Service will be accurate, reliable or current, or that the Service will be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. Whilst we will endeavor to correct errors and omissions as quickly as possible after being notified of them, you acknowledge and agree that use of the Service is at your own discretion and sole risk.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT POKERWORKS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF POKERWORKS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM:
- THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR ANY SERVICE;
- THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE;
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA;
- STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR
- ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE. This Restriction of Liability section applies only to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Please report any violations of the terms of this Agreement using our Contact Us form.
- Modifications to the Service and to this Agreement
PokerWorks reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you. You agree that PokerWorks shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. In addition, PokerWorks may modify the terms of this Agreement at any time. If we do make changes to the terms of this Agreement, we will post the amended version of this Agreement on the Site. We encourage you to frequently visit our Site to determine if any changes to this Agreement have been implemented. For ease of determining if any changes have been made we shall post the date the Agreement was last changed on the top of the page. Your continued use of the Service after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to any of these terms, do not use or access (or continue to access) the Service.
- General Terms
(c) 2003-2014 PokerWorks.com All rights reserved. The opinions posted on PokerWorks.com are the responsibility of their authors and are in no way an expression of PokerWorks.com's views.Last updated: May 30, 2014